Labels

Monday, 28 April 2014

Black screen on Waze/Flipboard

I was wondering why Waze goes into black screen after clicking the report button along with Flipboard, after coming back from recently opened apps. I found out that these apps will go into this state on mostly de-odexed ROMs, I did however tried on my stock odexed samsung ROM, xxltc recently released somewhere around January I think.

What came to my surprise was that Waze didn't go into black screen. Rather, it just performs normally. If you're on the de-odexed ROM, chances to get the black screen is quite high. To get the normal behavior, you need to relaunch the app again.

Flipboard however, will go into this state when I manually launch Google Play right after pressing the home button, download an app, then launch Flipboard again by holding down the home button to get the recent app lists. To avoid this, simply press the back button (this will go back to the previous topic) or launch from the app drawer (might have the same problem anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment