The main reason of this update is due to the fixture of the ink hose. Often, the hose would obstruct not only the print head from moving left to right, also in some cases would block the path for the paper (the black area) and thus making the paper slightly lifted and when print head moves, it hits the edge of the lifted part of the paper, destroying it and also you would get a carriage error.
Thursday, 31 October 2013
Thursday, 17 October 2013
We all often stumble upon an "Unknown Device detected" notification popped up when we plugged a device and then windows couldn't find any suitable drivers and when we searched through the internet, it's a painstakingly long process to find it for example the name of the chip or something, the image search and keyword search through Google and the chances of hitting a results is about 20% most of the times.
This Blog post however, is quite useful, it is to go find the vendor and device id through the device manager and search them online. There's a database of drivers that you only had to key in either device id or vendor id and search them based on the id you've entered. Here's the procedure, quite the same as the blog post by the way:
- Open device manager (Computer>Right Click>Manage>Device Manager).
- Find any devices that have the yellow exclamation mark.
- Open properties of that device (Right Click>Properties)
- Click on the Details tab.
- On the Property list, go to Device Instance Path.
- You should be looking at something like this.
- Red number represents the vendor id while green is the device id of that particular device.
- Go to PCI Database and key in either by vendor or device id.
- Once there's a list of matches found, search them through the list and match both vendor and device id.
- Click on the link inside the table of the device to be redirected to the respective driver's download page.
Credit to www.lostintechnology.com and particularly Ashish Mundhra for this helpful post.
P.S, Some of the devices listed in the Device Manager not proven to work with this method, however, it doesn't mean that it's not worth to give it a try though.